Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Knitting 2009

I need to start preparing for Christmas earlier next year. 

Way earlier.

I knitted a hat and a scarf for some of the people on my Christmas list.  Well, some people got sets and some people got either a hat or a scarf.  (Each project was in some way adapted from The Knit Girls Guide to Simple Knits.)  I just barely finished the night before Christmas Eve.  Lesson learned.....


The picture above is of my Dad.  He received a scarf with in a dark blue and light blue veregated pattern, with a matching hat.  His scarf was knitted on size 9 needles and his hat was knit in the round on size 11 needles.



Here's my brother!  I knitted his scarf with the biggest needles I've used to date:  size 17's.  If you've never knitted with big needles before, I suggest that you try it.  It's really very fun!


Here's my lovely sister-in-law.  She's wearing the coolest scarf that I've made to date:  knit on large connected knitting needles, it is super long, and each row is a different kind of yarn.  Her hat matches.

Bottom line:  knitting for gifts is great fun, but you've got to over-estimate the amount of time that you'll need for each project.  By starting early, you won't feel stressed if you make a mistake....or ten. 

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment